- another term for Florence fennel (see fennel).More example sentences
- The name finocchio is simply the general Italian word for fennel, but has been used in other countries to distinguish this special type, which was developed in Italy in the 17th century.
- Florence Fennel, also known as finocchio, is an annual which is known mainly for the stem that swells to a ‘bulb’ as it grows.
- I know of finocchio from an Italian friend, it looks like a bulbous stalk of celery with fine dill like tendrils.
early 18th century: from Italian, from a popular Latin variant of Latin faeniculum (see fennel).
More definitions of finocchioDefinition of finocchio in:
- The US English dictionary