Definition of fire-eater in English:
1An entertainer who appears to eat fire.
- The people running the event were cheerful and friendly and they'd laid on fire-eaters and drummers to entertain us.
- Guests can enjoy nine bars and entertainment that includes live performances by acrobatic dancers and fire-eaters.
- For entertainment, there were Morris Dancers, fire-eaters, jugglers and an open air Carol concert accompanied by a brass band.
2 dated A person prone to quarrelling or fighting.
- Whether we know it or not, the former fire-eater is now not just Ireland's best known actor, he's one of its biggest fans.
- It is essential that we take no drastic actions that would please our own fire-eaters but would drive foreign states into the arms of the terrorists.
- The point is that the president is getting a team together of young fire-eaters that can work sixteen hour days up to and through the election.
Definition of fire-eater in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia