Definition of fire-eater in English:
1An entertainer who appears to eat fire.
- The people running the event were cheerful and friendly and they'd laid on fire-eaters and drummers to entertain us.
- Guests can enjoy nine bars and entertainment that includes live performances by acrobatic dancers and fire-eaters.
- For entertainment, there were Morris Dancers, fire-eaters, jugglers and an open air Carol concert accompanied by a brass band.
2 dated A person prone to quarrelling or fighting.
- Whether we know it or not, the former fire-eater is now not just Ireland's best known actor, he's one of its biggest fans.
- It is essential that we take no drastic actions that would please our own fire-eaters but would drive foreign states into the arms of the terrorists.
- The point is that the president is getting a team together of young fire-eaters that can work sixteen hour days up to and through the election.
Definition of fire-eater in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.