- A portable device that discharges a jet of water, foam, gas, or other material to extinguish a fire.More example sentences
- I do not remember if there was a fire extinguisher near the machine controls.
- One of the radiomen grabbed a nearby fire extinguisher, gaining control of the situation within moments.
- Your mother quickly took the fire extinguisher and sprayed the flames until it looked like they were out.
More definitions of fire extinguisherDefinition of fire extinguisher in:
- The US English dictionary