- (Especially of a fabric) treated so as to be non-flammable: homes built with fire-resistant materialsMore example sentences
- She also carries a backpack with a fire shelter (a fire-resistant tent) that she can unfold and crawl into in case of emergency.
- The store-room itself should aim to provide four-hour fire-resistant walls, ceiling, doors and windows.
- Make hard copies of files or records that are unique or irreplaceable, and protect them in an offsite, fire-resistant storage location.
More definitions of fire-resistantDefinition of fire-resistant in:
- The US English dictionary