- A person employed to prevent or extinguish fires, especially in a town, camp, or forest.More example sentences
- He worked as a volunteer fire warden in London during the Blitz, on his evenings off work.
- The fire warden may direct occupants to the nearest exit, instruct them to shut their doors or turn off equipment.
- Within minutes, they headed to the closest stairwell, led by Brian Clark, a fire warden on the 84th floor, who had his flashlight and whistle.
More definitions of fire wardenDefinition of fire warden in:
- The US English dictionary