- A brick capable of withstanding intense heat, used especially to line furnaces and fireplaces.More example sentences
- Another problem was the scarcity, not only of miners, but also of skilled labour to make firebricks and build the furnaces.
- Nowadays she heats her place with a cast-iron stove perched on firebricks in the living room, cooks with propane, and does her beadwork at night by the light of a kerosene lamp while listening to a battery-operated radio.
- Offers of land, firebricks, clay and equipment have poured in since the plan was first debated around the family cooking fires.
More definitions of firebrickDefinition of firebrick in:
- The US English dictionary