Definition of firecracker in English:
1A loud, explosive firework; a banger.
- All around us, Berliners were lighting off fireworks, firecrackers, noisemakers and rockets, and none too cautiously.
- The sparkler demonstrates how to get bright, sparkling light from a firework, and the firecracker shows how to create an explosion.
- Dennis also bought thirty to forty dollars' worth of fireworks, everything from firecrackers to some really serious-looking rockets.
1.1An outstanding, exciting, or attractive person or thing: the book was solidly excellent but hardly a literary firecracker
More example sentences
- I wish there'd been more people like her in my own family, more loud little firecrackers who gave us all a run for our money.
- If I had to chose one word to describe the broadcast legend, I would say he's a real firecracker.
- What a firecracker she is!
Words that rhyme with firecrackernutcracker • ransacker
Definition of firecracker in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.