- A dragon.More example sentences
- Billy may have been the size of a small cat, but he still had the appetite of a full sized firedrake.
- The firedrake and the maiden act as each other's guardians, as when she peels fruit for ‘his tender fangs.’
- A firedrake exploded into view, landing on her shoulder and looking around at all of them.
Old English fȳr-draca, from fȳr (see fire) + draca 'dragon', from Latin draco.
More definitions of firedrakeDefinition of firedrake in:
- The US English dictionary