- A small African songbird of the waxbill family, the male of which has mainly pink or reddish plumage.
More example sentences
- Genus Lagonosticta, family Estrildidae: several species
- None of the indigobirds associated with red-billed firefinch were closely related to individuals associated with brown firefinch, or vice versa.
- The host species, various firefinches, started diverging from one another 7 million years ago.
- In addition to their seed diet, Firefinches are also eager to take small insects during breeding time.