Definition of firelight in English:
Light from a fire in a fireplace: the room was lit only by firelight
More example sentences
- Sitting in the rosy glow of candle and firelight we thought it looked rather romantic.
- The flickering firelight lit them all in its tumbling glow.
- The whole city would be lit by firelight and fireworks instead of moonlight.
- Example sentences
- The colours of the hills are sensational, the skies glint in a shifting palette of smeary lights; the seas are boisterous and thrilling, the pubs cosy and firelit.
- A glimmer in the distance gradually took shape to reveal our final, firelit banquet - upon an island.
- A few small panes betray high bookshelves in a firelit room, a woman sweeping floors, a glimpse of some unknowing boy at work at evening chores.
Words that rhyme with firelightrushlight • Pre-Raphaelite
Definition of firelight in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.