- A musket in which the priming is ignited by sparks.More example sentences
- The flintlock reigned supreme as a system throughout the 18th century and flintlock muskets, also referred to as ‘firelocks ', were the infantry's principal weapons in most European nations.
- Recover and cock, as before directed for the center rank, and, as the firelock is brought to the recover, step briskly to the right: a full pace, at the same time placing the left heel about six inches before the point of the right foot.
- When the New Hampshire troops arrived, Pepperrell found it necessary that they all be ‘Taught How to Use the firelock.’
More definitions of firelockDefinition of firelock in:
- The US English dictionary