Definition of fireplug in English:
1A hydrant for a fire hose.
- But, true to form, the dog sniffed the fireplug, then shook her head ‘no.’
- The animals have messages of deep import, like, ‘I always loved that fireplug in the park,’.
- She did what had to be done, even if it was putting fire-smothering blankets in a cute, ceramic fireplug for stovetop use and selling them for 20 bucks at retail stores.
1.1North American informal A short, stocky person, especially an athlete: a feisty fireplug who played six seasons as a league catcher
More example sentences
- Today, my patience is tested by 78-year-old Nathaniel Jones, a grizzled fireplug of a man in a motorized wheelchair.
- Traci was about 5' 5'' but sturdily built - a real fireplug.
- The undisputed father of the notorious black street gang was a fearless and mighty 5-foot-8 fireplug who loved to fight and loathed guns.
Words that rhyme with fireplughearthrug
Definition of fireplug in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan