- A plant that springs up on burnt land, especially the rosebay willowherb.More example sentences
- Seeds dispersed by wind fell on the soil leading to the appearance of hardy plants like fireweed and lupine.
- He waved a hand at the rutted, cratered fields, now overgrown with grass and great crimson drifts of poppies and fireweed.
- He strode toward her, brushing past vivid magenta blooms of fireweed and purple geranium.
More definitions of fireweedDefinition of fireweed in:
- The US English dictionary