- Working or functioning at a peak level: neither conductor nor orchestra are really firing on all cylindersMore example sentences
- On a technical level, Scorsese is firing on all cylinders, but emotionally the film is a bit distant.
- Records are there to be broken and Celtic are firing on all cylinders just now.
- Last night was a great example of a band firing on all cylinders and while we don't think the new record quite survived the transition to a big label intact, live at least, every song is a killer.
More definitions of firing on all cylindersDefinition of firing on all cylinders in:
- The US English dictionary