- An envelope bearing a stamp or set of stamps postmarked on their day of issue.More example sentences
- Stamps, first-day covers and information sheets issued every month are sent by registered post in a colourful printed cover.
- The one-dollar coin is in a neat first-day cover, with commemorative Norwegian stamps, postmarked on the anniversary day, 28 April, at Bygdøy, the location of the Kon-Tiki museum in Oslo.
- If it is true that stamps and first-day covers reflect the ethos of a country, symbolize what people hold close to their hearts, and are of inspirational value, then Jassi provides reason for introspection.
More definitions of first-day coverDefinition of first-day cover in:
- The US English dictionary