Definition of first-hand in English:
(Of information or experience) from the original source or personal experience; direct: [as adjective]: first-hand accounts of activities behind the enemy lines [as adverb]: data which is obtained first-hand from customers
More example sentences
- That being said, I still think the best marketing stories come from personal, first-hand experience.
- At their best, they provide an authentic new source of first-hand information.
- Probably not people who have my first-hand experience of a similar situation.
- 1at first hand
- Directly or from personal experience: scientists observed the process at first handMore example sentences
- Four Laois men will hope to see at first hand what people in Ethiopia experience in their daily struggle to survive.
- He had experienced this at first hand, from his own brother.
- I can recount endless examples that I have experienced at first hand.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.