Definition of first-hand in English:
(Of information or experience) from the original source or personal experience; direct: [as adjective]: first-hand accounts of activities behind the enemy lines [as adverb]: data which is obtained first-hand from customers
More example sentences
- That being said, I still think the best marketing stories come from personal, first-hand experience.
- At their best, they provide an authentic new source of first-hand information.
- Probably not people who have my first-hand experience of a similar situation.
at first hand
- Directly or from personal experience: scientists observed the process at first handMore example sentences
- Four Laois men will hope to see at first hand what people in Ethiopia experience in their daily struggle to survive.
- He had experienced this at first hand, from his own brother.
- I can recount endless examples that I have experienced at first hand.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan