- A person who is convicted of a criminal offence for the first time.More example sentences
- Data from 1990 indicated almost half of federally sentenced women were not repeat offenders, with 41% being first offenders without any prior criminal record.
- At the other end of the scale is the first offender, where the motivation for the offence is clear and does not point to a likelihood of re-offending.
- As a first offender, however, he is likely to receive a sentence on the low end of that range.
More definitions of first offenderDefinition of first offender in:
- The US English dictionary