- 1 Ballet A posture in which the feet are placed turned outwards with the heels touching.More example sentences
- As one, they opened their feet to first position.
- She instantly brings the tips of her toes and her heels to touch in sort of a first position in the air.
- Tory closed her eyes, bringing her feet together in a ballet first position, and cleared her mind.
- 2 Music The position of the hand on the fingerboard of a stringed instrument furthest from the bridge.More example sentences
- Toward the end of the book, the cello player needs to be able to play the forward extension in first position.
More definitions of first positionDefinition of first position in:
- The US English dictionary