- The privilege of deciding whether to accept or reject something before it is offered to others: group employees have first refusal on the ticketsMore example sentences
- Executive members are thought likely to back the second option, under which Harrison would build 40 ‘affordable’ houses and sell them to a housing association which would offer existing tenants first refusal.
- They were offered first refusal at a price of $17, 000.00 for house and land.
- Being the affable man he is, he soon befriended local shopkeepers, and won their trust to be offered first refusal on any stock they were chucking out.
More definitions of first refusalDefinition of first refusal in:
- The US English dictionary