- Denoting the first child born to a particular person: the firstborn child of the queenMore example sentences
- There are 5 million couples living out of wedlock in France, and 42% of firstborn children are born outside of marriage.
- Over 70 percent of firstborn children are born to unmarried couples.
- I was their firstborn child, their baby girl, the very embodiment of their hopes and dreams.
nounBack to top
- A person’s first child: their firstborn arrivedMore example sentences
- Since moms and dads are usually way worried about giving firstborns the go-ahead for new experiences, you've forged a path in uncharted territory.
- Some weeks previously John and I had taken our firstborns away for a much-talked-about weekend to Paris, so it was only fair that the secondborns should go somewhere too.
- Your sisters and mother are waiting for you with the other firstborns.
More definitions of firstbornDefinition of firstborn in:
- The US English dictionary