An eagle that catches and feeds on fish.
- Genus Haliaetus, family Accipitridae: two or three species, in particular the white-headed African fish eagle (H. vocifer)
More example sentences
- The osprey is often called the fish hawk or the fish eagle.
- You can sometimes see the beautiful fish eagle circling overhead and hear the shrieking of the brown headed parrot in the trees.
- The islands are home to many bird species, including fish eagles, ospreys and flamingos.
Definition of fish eagle in:
- The US English dictionary