Definition of fishing in English:
The activity of catching fish, either for food or as a sport: the area is renowned for its excellent deep-sea fishing [as modifier]: fishing boats
More example sentences
- The fact that humans are killing about 20 to 30 million sharks a year through commercial sport and fishing is also food for thought.
- Instead of providing a person with fish for that day's food, teach him fishing so that he could be self-reliant.
- Prizes include rods and reels, fishing tackles kits, fishing tackle packs, picnic baskets, a marine radio and aerial, plus a lot more.
- A search or investigation undertaken with the hope, though not the stated purpose, of discovering information: they worried about an FBI fishing expeditionMore example sentences
- The commission has an unfettered power to undertake a fishing expedition to search for evidence to endeavour to prove its cases.
- Where did all the information from these fishing expeditions go?
- These laws provide a clear framework for responding to national security concerns while safeguarding against random searches, fishing expeditions or invasions of privacy.