- A natural or artificial flying insect used as bait in fishing.More example sentences
- They have lunch together, and Harris gives them his address in London, and also a gift of fishing flies, which he tied himself.
- Nigel opened the box, revealing two neat rows of fishing flies.
- When guys of my dad's generation got old, they made a space in the basement to tie their own fishing flies or to paint mallard ducks or whatever.
More definitions of fishing flyDefinition of fishing fly in:
- The US English dictionary