- A long thread of silk or nylon attached to a baited hook, with a sinker or float, and used for catching fish.More example sentences
- In fishing for shark, there is a 30-foot cable between the fishing line and the bait.
- I would therefore appeal to fishermen to take more care when discarding their fishing lines and hooks, because swans use that area.
- Strung through this little crab subdivision were two fishing lines, threaded through a system of pulleys.
More definitions of fishing lineDefinition of fishing line in:
- The US English dictionary