• informal , chiefly US
- A gesture of greeting or affirmation in which two people lightly tap each other’s clenched fist: fist bumps and high fives were exchanged amongst the crowdMore example sentences
- You know, I didn't see any group hugs or fist bumps going on there.
- Martinez saves manly fist bumps for the coaches, including manager Eric Wedge.
- Applause and fist bumps all around for him speaking at the annual conservative political action conference in Washington.
verb(fist-bump) [with object] Back to top
- Greet (someone) by lightly tapping their clenched fist with one’s own: politicians were soon fist-bumping one another on TV chat shows [no object]: two lawyers walked into the hall and fist-bumped before getting on the elevatorMore example sentences
- He was just very gracious, very nice. He fist-bumped Christopher, which was very cool and it was just a very amazing moment.
- At one point, the President fist-bumped the youngster.
- Gautreaux punched the air as those around him fist-bumped and high-fived each other.
More definitions of fist bumpDefinition of fist bump in:
- The US English dictionary