- 1A person who puts together or installs machinery, engine parts, or other equipment: a qualified gas fitter kitchen fittersMore example sentences
- Those detained included an accountant, a builder, a window fitter and a machine operator.
- He is a machine fitter and has been helping the British Engineers bring the power station back on line.
- Planned action by steel erectors, pipe fitters and welders to hit construction work on high-profile sites for this week has been called off after employers rushed to negotiate a deal.
- 2A person who supervises the cutting, fitting, or alteration of garments or shoes.More example sentences
- Also inform the shoe fitter of any previous injuries you might have had, as this could affect the type of shoe suitable to you.
- Every woman I've ever spoken to on the subject has had nothing but praise for their fitters and assistants.
- Two-thirds of the fitters recommended bras with the wrong underwire shape, according to the report.
More definitions of fitterDefinition of fitter in:
- The US English dictionary