- 1Having five stars in a grading system in which this denotes the highest standard: a five-star restaurant[ early 20th century: from a system used to grade hotels, the highest grade being indicated by five asterisks or stars]More example sentences
- The price range is equal to the prices offered by restaurants in five-star hotels.
- Soon, Mel found herself a job as a waitress inside one five-star hotel's restaurant.
- It's a fitting venue for a five-star hotel and one of the capital's best restaurants.
- 1.1Having or denoting the highest military rank, distinguished in the US armed forces by five stars on the uniform: a five-star generalMore example sentences
- Why not take our Evening Press campaign to a five-star General face-to-face?
- Within four years he was a five-star general and supreme commander of Allied forces in Europe.
- Only a five-star general like Raines could have commanded such extravagant coverage as this.
More definitions of five-starDefinition of five-star in:
- The US English dictionary