Definition of fiver in English:
1A five-pound note.
- The Treasury is planning to make the nation's money go further by replacing all its fivers with plastic bank notes.
- They'll never remember to pay you in that state and even if they do, they'll mix up tenners and fivers - a fact which won't always work in your favour.
- His helper passes the CDs to him from a three-feet-deep cardboard box and the trader dishes them out to supporters as fivers and tenners change hands.
1.1North American A five-dollar bill.
- What makes the whole operation so charming is that it seems like no one's dropping anything even as heavy as a fiver, so you lose your cash dollar by dollar.
- The fiver will be paid back next Saturday at the pub.
- I love mix tapes as much as the next cheapskate, but I like to get them for a fiver from my local market bootlegger.
Definition of fiver in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan