Definition of fiver in English:
1A five-pound note.
- The Treasury is planning to make the nation's money go further by replacing all its fivers with plastic bank notes.
- They'll never remember to pay you in that state and even if they do, they'll mix up tenners and fivers - a fact which won't always work in your favour.
- His helper passes the CDs to him from a three-feet-deep cardboard box and the trader dishes them out to supporters as fivers and tenners change hands.
1.1North American A five-dollar bill.
- What makes the whole operation so charming is that it seems like no one's dropping anything even as heavy as a fiver, so you lose your cash dollar by dollar.
- The fiver will be paid back next Saturday at the pub.
- I love mix tapes as much as the next cheapskate, but I like to get them for a fiver from my local market bootlegger.
Definition of fiver in:
- US English dictionary