noun (plural flâneurs pronunc. same)
- A man who saunters around observing society.More example sentences
- The boy is a weak and uncomfortable presence, too young for his clothes, perhaps, and certainly too young to adopt the casual air of the flâneur he's attempting.
- Before he could marry Ursula he had a long-standing lover to get rid of, an office to close and a delightful life as a left-wing flâneur to turn his back on.
- Andrew Norton, a disillusioned flâneur, novelist and bookseller lives in Hackney.
French, from flâner 'saunter, lounge'.
More definitions of flâneurDefinition of flâneur in:
- The US English dictionary