noun (plural flagmen)
- A person who gives signals with a flag, especially at horse races or on railway lines.More example sentences
- Less than 5 minutes before we departed, I heard the conductor calling to the flagman who was still in the baggage car.
- Here the flagman pulls the caboose's coupling pin and brakes its speed with a measured twirl of the brake wheel as the cars ahead roll into the inspection track.
- I try to calm myself by running through the flagman's signals: Green flag to start.
More definitions of flagmanDefinition of flagman in:
- The US English dictionary