1The ship in a fleet which carries the commanding admiral.
- Cornwall is due to hand over her flagship duties to sister ship HMS Campbeltown in October.
- As the flagship of Admiral Lord Howe, she played an important part in the early stages of the war with France.
- It is the flagship of the fleet and is very large, you'll soon come to realize.
1.1The best or most important thing owned or produced by a particular organization: this bill is the flagship of the government’s legislative programme [as modifier]: the company’s flagship store in Paris
More example sentences
- Perfume houses take very great care to ensure that the ingredients of their flagship products are kept under wraps.
- One of the joys of the flagship store in Freeport, Maine is that it is open 24 hours.
- We have been launching our flagship products in India for a long time.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: flag|ship
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.