- 1(Especially of a fabric) treated so as to be non-flammable.More example sentences
- Keep the safety factor in mind when you make pajamas; flameproof fabric is often used for younger children's sleeping clothing.
- Cassocks are similarly inadvisable in a force 10 gale, replaced by the standard hard hat, flameproof overalls, safety goggles, boots and gloves.
- So, if we found a way to make anything flameproof, using your technology of course, you would have claim to most of our work?
- 1.1(Of cookware) able to be used either in an oven or on a hob: a flameproof casseroleMore example sentences
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large flameproof casserole or deep saucepan (one with a lid); it should be wide enough to hold all the chicken pieces in a single layer.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole and fry the onions until golden brown, for about 10-15 minutes.
- Melt 25g of the butter in a flameproof casserole dish.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Make (something) flameproof.More example sentences
- The octa formulation is used primarily to flameproof plastic casings on office equipment.