Definition of flammable in English:
Easily set on fire: the use of highly flammable materials
More example sentences
- Kerosene is volatile, flammable and leaks very easily from containers.
- It's believed one of the fires was started using paraffin and other flammable materials stored in the shed.
- Whatever we did, we always did it with a bottle of something flammable, fires made a good end to the day.
- Example sentences
- There are now controls over the type of foams that can be used and the flammability of the covers.
- Her early research was on the flammability of clothing materials, especially children's sleepwear, and processes for removing farm and garden pesticides from clothing.
- Factors to weigh in making a decision about insulation material include insulative value, cost, flammability, toxicity, durability, and availability.
Early 19th century: from Latin flammare, from flamma 'a flame'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.