Definition of flammable in English:
Easily set on fire: the use of highly flammable materials
More example sentences
- Kerosene is volatile, flammable and leaks very easily from containers.
- It's believed one of the fires was started using paraffin and other flammable materials stored in the shed.
- Whatever we did, we always did it with a bottle of something flammable, fires made a good end to the day.
early 19th century: from Latin flammare, from flamma 'a flame'.
- Example sentences
- There are now controls over the type of foams that can be used and the flammability of the covers.
- Her early research was on the flammability of clothing materials, especially children's sleepwear, and processes for removing farm and garden pesticides from clothing.
- Factors to weigh in making a decision about insulation material include insulative value, cost, flammability, toxicity, durability, and availability.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan