noun• informal , chiefly US
- 1 [mass noun] Nonsense: four hundred pages of mystical flapdoodleMore example sentences
- Commentary has pretty much adopted him as their science guy, and he has published a steady stream of flapdoodle in their pages over the last decade.
- For years, nitwits have been churning out flapdoodle like Leadership Secrets of Attila the Hun and connect-the-dots management guides purporting to apply the wisdom of Machiavelli to the modern boardroom.
- It looks like typical, classic, psychic flapdoodle to me.
- 2A foolish person.More example sentences
- When she heard what happened, she sighed, shook her curly-haired head and said of Learner, ‘What a flapdoodle!’
mid 19th century: an arbitrary formation.
More definitions of flapdoodleDefinition of flapdoodle in:
- The US English dictionary