- 1Make an electric circuit by sparking across a gap.More example sentences
- The theory here is that the primer flashes over the small powder charge and causes it to detonate.
- An arc then flashes over between these electrodes 24 and 13, giving rise to ionization and pressurization.
- If the voltage is high enough, the insulator flashes over causing a short circuit of the system.
- 1.1(Of a fire) spread instantly across a gap because of intense heat.More example sentences
- Once the fire flashed over the side station, it quickly enveloped the deli restaurant, feeding on the combustible interior finishes and furnishings.
- At about 4 p.m., the fire ‘flashed over’ and the buildings erupted in a mass of flame, trapping some staff on upper floors.
- When the driver lifted the engine cover he provided the oxygen that was lacking and the fire ‘flashed over’ and spread quickly through the bus.
More definitions of flash overDefinition of flash over in:
- The US English dictionary