Definition of flashlight in English:
1chiefly North American An electric torch.
- If you plan to rely on flashlights or electric lanterns for emergency lighting, be sure to keep plenty of fresh batteries on hand.
- Rogers, the electrician, held a flashlight in one hand and was digging through the box with the other.
- The numerous torches and flashlights held by the soldiers was a blinding sight.
3 another term for flashgun.
- Though it is good that there is interest in the turtles, the beach is awash with flashlights and flashbulbs, causing considerable disturbance to the turtles.
- It all came true with a Prince's Trust loan of £2,000 which allowed her to buy a medium format camera and studio flashlights with enough left over to turn her garden shed into a light-sealed dark room and to advertise.
- A short foray into the spotlights, the briefest dance with immortality and then exit stage left in a body bag illuminated by a thousand camera flashlights.
Definition of flashlight in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan