- 1chiefly North American An electric torch.More example sentences
- If you plan to rely on flashlights or electric lanterns for emergency lighting, be sure to keep plenty of fresh batteries on hand.
- Rogers, the electrician, held a flashlight in one hand and was digging through the box with the other.
- The numerous torches and flashlights held by the soldiers was a blinding sight.
- 2A flashing light used for signals and in lighthouses.More example sentences
- Hundreds and hundreds of flashlights are signalling us… strobe lights, flares.
- Behind there was the lighthouse sweep of flashlights traversing empty space.
- 3 another term for flashgun.More example sentences
- Though it is good that there is interest in the turtles, the beach is awash with flashlights and flashbulbs, causing considerable disturbance to the turtles.
- It all came true with a Prince's Trust loan of £2,000 which allowed her to buy a medium format camera and studio flashlights with enough left over to turn her garden shed into a light-sealed dark room and to advertise.
- A short foray into the spotlights, the briefest dance with immortality and then exit stage left in a body bag illuminated by a thousand camera flashlights.
More definitions of flashlightDefinition of flashlight in:
- The US English dictionary