Definition of flattie in English:
noun (plural flatties)informal
1A flat-heeled shoe.
- After so many seasons of crippling stilettos, the flattie fights back.
- The heels have also worn down so far the shoes have become flatties, instead of the fashionable high heels they once were.
- However young and crazed by ‘vintage’, no one will be going out wearing square-toed flatties with space-age mini dresses, that's a given.
- It usually takes between 15 and 30 minutes to get one of these big flatties to give in and move off the seabed.
- On the other hand, don't wait forever as you don't want the little flatties to swallow the hook.
- Plenty of interest in the day, and night divers can expect to encounter flatties, including the occasional ray, octopus, small cuttlefish and lobster.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan