- 1The accumulation of gas in the alimentary canal: foods that may cause flatulenceMore example sentences
- Larger amounts can cause gastrointestinal discomfort, like bloating or flatulence.
- Throughout history, some of the most profound artists have found humor in the subject of flatulence.
- Diet can be an important factor in helping to reduce flatulence.
- 1.1Inflated or pretentious speech or writing; pomposity: the flatulence characterizing his writingsMore example sentences
- Today we have seen him fluff and flounce; he has been full of verbal flatulence all day.
- But for the most part, the beauty is lost in the sonic flatulence of self-important experimentation.
- We now know that this was financial flatulence based on wishful thinking rather than any hard analysis.
- More example sentences
- The Eclectics, a movement of ‘Nature Doctors’ who practiced natural medicine until the early decades of the 20th century, found ginger to be an ‘admirable carminative’ in patients with ‘persistent flatulency and sour stomach.’