Definition of flatware in English:
1Relatively flat items of crockery such as plates and saucers.
- When you pack flatware like plates, saucers, etc., wrap each item separately and then combine in groups of three.
- Consequently no new patterns of flatware or hollowware were introduced by the leading makers, and after the war the companies resurrected old patterns.
- In 1961 she moved to Camden, Arkansas, where she created jewelry, hollowware, flatware, decorative wares, and personal accessories.
1.1North American Domestic cutlery.
- Reed & Barton promoted their silverplated flatware with carefully illustrated catalogs and by placement in prominent hotels and restaurants.
- If washing both silverware and stainless steel flatware in the dishwasher, do not put in the same basket section or let one metal touch the other, or the silver may be permanently damaged.
- All of the cookie making supplies, as well as the cookies had disappeared, and in its place was a well set table, with glasses, dishes and flatware in all the proper places.
Definition of flatware in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.