- A worm of a phylum which includes the planarians together with the parasitic flukes and tapeworms. They are distinguished by having a simple flattened body which lacks blood vessels, and a digestive tract which, if present, has a single opening.
More example sentences
- Phylum Platyhelminthes: several classes
- Planarians are free-living flatworms, and have a much simpler life history.
- Among the earliest hunters, flatworms were simple but effective killing machines.
- All the ponds hosted parasitic flatworms called trematodes.
More definitions of flatwormDefinition of flatworm in:
- The US English dictionary