- A flute player.More example sentences
- He received his early musical education from his father, a flautist and viola player, and was later taught by Attwood, Crotch, and others.
- There are plenty of male flautists and female trumpet players, and members teach each other, encouraging inclusion and participation.
- Professional woodwind players such as flautists, clarinettists, oboists are in general more skilled in this regard than violinists, pianists and accordion players.
mid 19th century (superseding 17th-century flutist in British English use): from Italian flautista, from flauto 'flute'.
More definitions of flautistDefinition of flautist in:
- The US English dictionary