A herbaceous plant of the daisy family, reputed to drive away fleas.
- Pulicaria, Erigeron, and other genera, family Compositae: in particular the yellow-flowered common fleabane (P. dysenterica)
More example sentences
- Asters (Aster novi-belgii), butterfly weed, Coreopsis, fleabane, Jupiter's-beard, Lantana, lavender, Sedum, verbena, and yarrow all thrive on dry, sunny sites.
- Among the wildflowers are a red columbine, aster, figwort, wild sarsaparilla, fleabane, and avens.
- Some herbs that repel fleas include: juniper, pennyroyal, citronella, eucalyptus, cedar and Canadian fleabane.
Definition of fleabane in:
- The US English dictionary