- A type of ammunition resembling a small dart, shot from a gun.More example sentences
- Paul had also heard about the idea of using flechettes as ammunition.
- I just pulled the rifle's trigger, and a burst of flechettes hit the sentry right in the forehead.
- When fired, the cartridge activated within 3 meters of the muzzle to spray flechettes in a shotgun-like blast.
early 20th century: from French fléchette, diminutive of flèche 'arrow'.
More definitions of flechetteDefinition of flechette in:
- The US English dictionary