Definition of flesh colour in English:
A light brownish pink.
- His face might have been painted by Lucien Freud; the flesh was, variously, yellow, grey, pink, green… any colour in fact but flesh colour.
- By degrees the highest distant summits assumed a delicate, pink flesh color, and the red sun appeared behind the ponderous giants of the Bernese Alps.
- She wears Willa Kim's unitard of gorgeous green blending to flesh color on the lower torso and legs, and a small jeweled green headpiece.
- Example sentences
- Current favourites include my gunmetal grey dress by Gucci, a flesh-coloured silk dress with a huge rose corsage by Yves St-Laurent Rive Gauche, and a fabulous pure white dress by Versace.
- Wearing a flesh-coloured foam helmet that gives her the proportions of a newborn, Lee performs an uncanny imitation of a baby in this almost dialogue-free exploration of the mother-child bond.
- And who could forget the famous flesh-coloured, beaded dress worn by Marilyn Monroe when serenading ‘Mister President’ John Kennedy in 1962?
Definition of flesh colour in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan