- A fly that breeds in carrion, typically producing live young which are deposited on a carcass.
More example sentences
- Family Sarcophagidae: Sarcophaga and other genera
- A similar lack of cycling has been reported in the adult head of the flesh fly.
- This dung or carrion mimicry attracts flesh flies, rove beetles, and even mosquitoes, all of which have been observed with pollen on them.
- What was decomposing the carcasses, given the total absence of fossils of the larger flies, such as flesh flies and blowflies (whose larvae, which we call maggots, feed on carrion)?
More definitions of flesh flyDefinition of flesh fly in:
- The US English dictionary