Definition of fleshly in English:
adjective (fleshlier, fleshliest)
1Relating to human desire or bodily appetites; sensual: fleshly pleasures
More example sentences
- Christianity had a deep animus against bodily or fleshly pleasures, seeing these as corrupt and sinful consequences of our fallen state.
- Shortly before I met you I was this cold-blooded animal engulfed in murder and fleshly desires.
- Introduce it to an enemy position and they'd find themselves overcome with fleshly desires.
2Having an actual physical presence.
- In Moon in a Tree, ‘being’ is both phantom and fleshly, fantasized and actual.
- He clarifies what he means by asserting that in the New Testament the word ‘flesh’ refers simply to our physical fleshly body, and not our sinful nature.
- The problem is not with the physical, fleshly nature of our being.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan