nounchiefly • historical
- A person who makes and sells arrows.More example sentences
- There are only ten traditional bowyers and twelve traditional fletchers in Korea (one of each is a friend of mine).
- I wouldn't have bothered you, but all the blacksmiths and arrow fletchers said they were busy, I did ask them first.
- But the archer was the product of years of training, and the bowyers and fletchers who supported him were craftsmen whose skills could not easily be duplicated.
Middle English: from Old French flechier, from fleche 'arrow'.
More definitions of fletcherDefinition of fletcher in:
- The US English dictionary