- The feathers of an arrow: it has good-sized fletching [count noun]: he repairs damaged fletchingsMore example sentences
- Its orientation is stabilised by three fletchings at the rear of the arrow.
- The fletchings are 3 ‘long feathers glued to the shafts with shellac.’
- But this calculation does not take into account the human factor involved in archery and, in the field, the arrow flew for nearly 100 metres, rising to around 160 metres when the feather fletchings were trimmed to reduce drag.
More definitions of fletchingDefinition of fletching in:
- The US English dictionary