(also flexor muscle)
1A muscle whose contraction bends a limb or other part of the body. Often contrasted with extensor.
- It took 8 weeks for extensor muscle strength to return to normal; the flexor muscle groups generally recovered within 4 weeks.
- This different insertion pattern of the regenerated tendon could explain how it acts mainly as a flexor muscle rather than as an internal rotator.
- He was relieved when an MRI found only a strained flexor muscle.
1.1Any of a number of specific muscles in the arm, hand, leg, or foot.
- Choose moves that also stretch your hip flexors, which will help you achieve a split.
- There was a minor but consistent increase in knee flexor muscle bursts (amplitude and duration) during treadmill walking.
- Maintaining good posture and stretching your hip flexors and hamstrings will help keep the strain off your lower back.
Words that rhyme with flexorAlexa, vexer
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: flex¦or
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.