1The cockpit of a large aircraft.
- The aircraft has state-of-the-art flight deck, avionics and navigation equipment.
- RAAF pilots will not assume both seats on the flight deck until the aircraft is accepted and operated by the Air Force in 2006.
- These could easily light up the flight deck of an aircraft with startling results to the crew.
2The deck of an aircraft carrier, used for take-off and landing.
- The royal party watched a dynamic display of aerial and aquatic action from the flight deck of aircraft carrier HMS Ark Royal.
- Four people suffered minor injures when a crane toppled on to the flight deck of aircraft carrier HMS Invincible.
- The ship's company put in a sterling effort lifting the water from the tank deck to the flight deck for the water shuttle.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: flight deck
Definition of flight deck in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.